Sketches

Tuesday 23 September 2014

Wedding sketches


This is the only sketch I made of the wedding and its preparations. We had the hairdresser and beautician at home for the bride, our daughter Rianne. At 11 o'clock she was picked up by our now son-in-law Bob to be taken to the ceremony.
Like the French say: partir c'est mourir un peu.
But we had a beautiful day: full of sun, joy and festivities. And some tears.
A wedding like a dream.
Let's hope it's a good sign for the rest of their lives together.

I guess I am getting sentimental at old age.

2 comments:

Michael Lukyniuk said...

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding. I like your sketch of the hairdresser preparing her for the ceremony. I can recall a similar event here (but I limited myself to a photo!) These are precious moments to remember and its great you managed the time to record it.

Rene Fijten said...

I did not want to run around with a sketchbook all day, but this was a moment to remember.