Sketches

Sunday 14 December 2014

More art class portraits


Two more portraits with glued on paper, this time calque drawing paper. It's semi-transparant paper that architects use to design their buildings on. Maybe better: they used to draw on that, it's hard to get nowadays. Anyway: I had forgotten to take coloured flimsy paper, but by accent had this paper with me.
After some experimenting I found that the paper only wrinkles in one direction, which I used by tearing it in stripes and gluing it in slightly changing angles.
Then a few lines with inktense pencil. And sparse watercolour, simply let it flow.
Fantastic technique. Try it!

2 comments:

irinapictures said...

So interesting. Thank you for the idea. I have to try it.

Rene Fijten said...

Yes Irina, try. I hated it at first, totally disliked it because I felt I lost control. But in the end I love it.